9.11.2012

Hakan YILDIRIM, Hakaan


Carine Rotfield, who was editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris for a decade, no doubt predicted that Hakan Yildirim would be a great designer when she flew to London just to see his incredible show. 

Turkish-born, London-based designer was among hundreds of his colleagues from all around the world, but was the only one to win the ANDAM award (2010) with his sleek design and cutout detail dresses. 

' There is always high-quality craftsmanship in my work, I do not enjoy doing anything shallow.' says Hakan when asked to comment on his own work.

One of the coolest and most successful fashion photographers of the world; Mert Alas, a good friend of Hakan's, did help him create his international network.

Although he has the typical Turkish looks, he claims in an interview with the Interview Magazine; ' There is no hint in my work that I am Turkish.' with which I absolutely agree.  

If only I was one with a talent of design, I surely would thrive my work to look something like Hakan's. Proudly presenting some images of his impeccable fall-winter 2013 collection (Would most definitely love to buy every single piece):







No comments:

Post a Comment